Choosing a technician for this cutting-edge and innovative treatment is no mean feat. So how do you know you’ve chosen the best scalp micropigmentation artist for your procedure?
Scalp Micropigmentation, or SMP as it’s also known, is a non-invasive treatment that has been specifically designed to conceal the damage that hair loss leaves behind. Administering treatment is a pretty precise science. Natural pigments are implanted lightly into the dermis layer of the scalp as a series of tiny dots. The process is carried out using a machine that has been equipped with a fine, microneedle and any single SMP session takes a considerable number of hours out of a technician’s day.
Careful consideration is given to each of these bespoke procedures, drawing on a technician’s expert knowledge on color theory, pigment depths, skin physiology, and creativity. When a technician embarks on a career in scalp micropigmentation they endure training that is not only intense but also considerably lengthy. Professionalism is the key to success and is achieved through sheer perseverance, knowing that they will eventually be not only changing the lives of hair loss sufferers but also administering an incredibly visible and meticulous treatment.
From a client’s perspective, it is very difficult to choose the best scalp micropigmentation artist for their procedure, often relying on solely location and price as their main decision-making tool. On occasions, this methodology pays off – as chance is on their side. However, on other occasions, this can prove to be a disastrous move. So how do you choose the best SMP technician for this avant-garde procedure?
Questions you should ask your SMP technician prior to treatment
- The most relevant question is how much experience your technician, administering your SMP, has?
- Also, find out where your technician received their training?
- Additionally, you need to know if their experience is actually relevant to the treatment you require?
- Who is your best-fit technician for the job in hand and which clinic are they based at?
- What is the penetration depth of the implanted pigment and also dot size – with the expectation of a comprehensive answer?
- Which pigments will you be using and why, including a list of available ingredients?
- If you are receiving scar concealment treatment, establish the extent of camouflaging?
- Number of required scalp micropigmentation sessions?
- Can results be independently verified?
- How much will the procedure cost and will this be a capped costing?
- Do you have a cancellation policy and what costs will be incurred?
- Are there any guarantees attached to treatments?
Deciding to go ahead with scalp micropigmentation is not only a huge decision, but it’s also a life-changing one. It’s crucial you base your technician choice on capacity and experience over cost and location. If you are considering concealing the devastating effects that hair loss has left behind, you don’t want to make matters worse by plumping for an SMP provider that’s unqualified. Make your feelings clear about the outcome you wish from your treatment and never be afraid to ask questions. By following these comprehensive guidelines, in theory, you’ll find the best scalp micropigmentation artist for your procedure and thereinafter, will never look back with regrets.